Radiology: Calcium Scoring
Van Diest Medical Center is proud to offer Calcium Scoring for Artery Disease, detecting heart disease at its earliest and most treatable stage! This simple CT scan is used to determine your risk of developing coronary artery disease related events such as a heart attack or a stroke.
Patients must have at least two of the following requirements to qualify:
- Not cholesterol medication prior to test
- Cholesterol level above 200 mg/dl or higher
- Father or brother had heart attack before age 55
- Mother or sister had heart attack before age 65
- Smokes daily or lives with someone who smokes daily
- Pulse rate measuring lower than 90 bpm
- High blood pressure
- Age 40-75
- Sedentary lifestyle
- No signs or symptoms of cardiovascular disease
- Diabetes or needs medicine to control blood sugar
If you think you are a candidate for Calcium Scoring please consult with your primary care provider. Provider referral is required.