Senior Life Solutions
The Senior Life Solutions program at Van Diest Medical Center is an intensive outpatient group counseling program designed to meet the unique needs of adults over the age of 65 struggling with depression and anxiety, often related to aging.
Services are designed to provide assistance to individuals suffering from one or more of the following:
- Coping with the loss of a spouse or close family member
- Experience with a recent traumatic event
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Changes in appetite
- Difficulty sleeping or changes in sleep patterns
- Decreased energy
- Feelings of sadness or grief lasting more than two weeks
- Feelings of hopelessness
Following an individual assessment, participants meet three times per week in a supportive, encouraging group setting. The program staff includes a board certified psychiatrist, licensed social workers, a registered nurse, and other professionals dedicated to the emotional well-being of the seniors in our community.
Family members, physicians, or other health professionals can refer individuals to the program.
For more information about Senior Life Solutions, call 515-832-7813.