Simple Crock Pot Chicken Pho Recipe
These low-carb cauliflower nachos are cheesy, delicious and loaded with extra veggies like tomatoes, jalapeño peppers, onions and avocado.
Prep time: 1Cook time: Total time:
- Toss the chicken stock with brown sugar, fish sauce, cinnamon, star anise, ginger, and cloves. Place the chicken breast flesh in the slow cooker and cover with stock. Cook the chicken and stock in the crockpot on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the crockpot and place them on a plate. Take the whole spices out of the soup. Add the bok choy to the stock and simmer for another 30 minutes on high in the crockpot.
- Shred chicken, slice jalapeos, and prepare sprouts, basil, and lime for garnishing while the bok choy cooks.
- About 20 minutes before the bok choy is done, return the rice noodles and shredded chicken to the broth to complete cooking for the last 10 minutes.
- Toss bean sprouts, jalapeos, basil, and lime to taste into big cups of soup.
- If desired, top with sriracha, chili paste, and/or hoisin sauce.
- (optionally add soft boiled eggs at the very end, if you like them.
Yield: 4 serving