Jennifer Aniston Salad
This salad is fresh, crunchy, healthy, and packed with plant-based protein. It serves perfectly as a light lunch and protein-filled snack after a challenging workout.
For the Lemon Dressing:
- For the Lemon Dressing: Add ingredients to a jar with a tight fitting lid, or small bowl, then shake or whisk to combine.
- Add chicken or vegetable stock to a small saucepan over high heat then bring to a boil. Add quinoa then turn heat down to low, place a lid on top, and simmer until quinoa is tender and broth has been absorbed, 15 minutes. Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork then scoop into a storage container or large mixing bowl with a lid to cool. Once cool, cover then refrigerate until chilled. Can be done a day or two ahead of time.
- Add chilled quinoa to a large mixing bowl then add remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing (do not need to use all if you don't want to!) then toss to combine and serve, or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Yield: 4-5 Servings
- Be sure to purchase quinoa that’s labeled “pre-rinsed”
- The quinoa is best cooked a day ahead of time so it’s chilled and ready to be mixed with the rest of the salad ingredients on the day you want to eat.
- This recipe, image, and many other delicious and healthy recipes can be referenced at https://iowagirleats.com/