Are there any visitor guidelines that I should follow when visiting a patient?
Van Diest Medical Center encourages and promotes patients' families and/or significant others’ participation in the patient’s care by assuring the patient's right to receive visitors, and to designate who may or may not visit. Here are some guidelines they should follow upon their visit:
- Plan to visit during regular visiting hours with only two visitors allowed at a time per bedside.
- There is no smoking on campus.
- Children, for their safety, need to always be under adult supervision and exhibit quiet, calm behavior. Children should be well and healthy, limit their visiting time and visit in a designated area, if asked.
- Protect and respect the privacy of all patients.
- Safeguard your valuables.
- Be sensitive to the patient's condition and limit your visit accordingly.
- Speak quietly and help limit noise.
- Check whether cell phone use is permitted in your area.
- Follow staff instructions in times of emergency or special alert.
- Be aware that Van Diest Medical Center reserves the right to inspect bags and packages being brought in or removed from the hospital.
- Van Diest Medical Center requests that all visitors be in good health and free of communicable diseases when coming to the hospital to visit a patient.