- Date Posted
- September 24, 2019
- Part Time
Sign on BONUS: Part-time Paramedic and EMT's will receive a $1,500 sign on bonus.
Van Diest Medical Center has been the premier healthcare facility serving Hamilton County and its surrounding areas for over 100 years. As an Iowa Department of Inspection and Appeals certified Critical Access Hospital, we are focused on enhancing the lives of people in our community by providing exceptional, patient-centered healthcare. Our state-of-the-art and progressive hospital offers 25 licensed patient beds and clinical services which utilize the latest advanced technology and medical care. Our approximately 250 employees continually strive to keep Van Diest Medical Center a constant and caring organization determined to meet the healthcare needs of those we serve. The core values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, and Service create not only an exceptional medical facility but an energetic, fast paced and rewarding work environment where each employee fulfills a vital role in the success of our patients and the organization. If you are the type of person looking for a challenging and rewarding career where you can make an impact on the lives of those you serve, then Van Diest Medical Center is the place for you.
Day/night rotating 12 hour shifts with on-call
Responds to 911 calls
Provides ALS support to BLS services
Provides advance emergency care in pre-hospital setting, including evaluation, treatment, and transport of injured and/or ill adult, pediatric, and newborn patients
In hospital setting, assists Registered Nurse in providing care to adult and pediatric patients
Provide responsible ambulance operation
Complete appropriate documentation associated for continuity of patient care, reimbursement, and record keeping
Demonstrate effective communication in person or over radio and telephone communication
Assist in overall hospital security
Paid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Call pay, Shift Differentials, and Day-off Premium
- Completion of an approved paramedic/EMT program. Certified to practice as a paramedic/EMT in the State of Iowa.
- Possession of current State of Iowa drivers and chauffeurs licenses.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Must be ACLS certified.
- ACLS recertification biennially.
- BLS recertification biennially.
- PALS recertification biennially.
- Knowledge of basic arrhythmia and 12-Lead interpretation.
- Certification in PHTLS or BTLS preferred.
- Hospital-based ambulance service experience preferred.
- Must maintain driving record acceptable to hospitals insurance carrier.
Questions? Please contact Human Resources at 515-832-7711.