- Date Posted
- February 6, 2020
- Full Time
- Human Resources
- More Information
The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator is responsible for the bi-monthly processing of payroll and assist with the coordination of benefits affecting payroll such as FMLA, Salary Security and workers compensation. Payroll functions will include, but are not limited to, timesheet edits, account reconciliations, and helping pull data from payroll software for various reports.
- Prepares and process payroll bi-weekly
- Directs utilization and optimization of payroll software, making recommendations or corrections as needed
- Prepares reports for Accounting staff to make payments to 3rd party vendors
- Responsible for monthly upload and reconciliation of Iowa Public Employees Retirement Program (IPERS)
- Serves as a reference person to the PT Payroll Clerk, and assumes their duties as necessary
- Reconciles all deductions for health, dental, life insurances to invoices to make sure proper deductions are being completed by system
- Helps with various annual surveys that require wage information be reported
- Works to extract data from payroll software for various internal reporting needs
- Maintains payroll software to ensure all deductions are set to proper limits and deduction percentages are correct
- Submits monthly IHA databank information
- Prepares and submits W2s annually in a timely manner
- Assists employees and managers with payroll related questions
- Assists with HR functions including but not limited to processing of Salary Security claims, maintaining employee payroll deductions for Accounts Receivable, and special HR projects
- Manages payment of employee bonuses and tuition reimbursement
- Other related duties as assigned
- A.A. or A.S. degree in Accounting, Human Resources or a related field.
- Two years’ experience in processing payroll required with knowledge of general accounting procedures.
- General knowledge of Wage and Hour laws and payroll tax administration
- Experience and proficiency in payroll computer applications and Microsoft Excel spreadsheet functions required. Knowledge of Kronos Workforce Ready platform a plus.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and focused amid constant interruptions in a fast paced environment is required.
- Must possess attention to accuracy, good communication skills, ability to handle deadlines and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all payroll, patient and financial information.
Apply online at www.vandiestmc.org under "Careers" link at bottom of page.
Please contact Human Resources at 515-832-7711 with any questions.