- Date Posted
- January 20, 2022
- Part Time
- Human Resources
Van Diest Medical Center
2350 Hospital Drive
Webster City, IA 50595, US
- More Information
This position will usually be scheduled 2 - 12 hours shifts per week with on call.
Provides advanced emergency care in out-of-hospital setting, including the evaluation, treatment, and transport of injured and/or ill adult, pediatric and newborn patients in accordance with standard operating procedures. In hospital setting, assists Registered Nurse, Paramedic and Advanced Provider in providing care to adult and pediatric patients. Under direction of Registered Nurse and/or Provider, assists with tasks and procedures not specifically denied by Nursing policy or State of Iowa EMS Advanced Care Law/Administrative Rules, applicable to paramedic.
Wage commensurate with experience.
A $5,000 Sign On Bonus is being offered to the successful candidate for this position.
Paid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Call pay, Shift Differentials, and Day-off Premium
- Completion of an approved paramedic program. Certified to practice as a paramedic in the State of Iowa.
- Possession of current State of Iowa driver’s license.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Must be ACLS certified.
- ACLS recertification biennially.
- BLS recertification biennially.
- PALS recertification biennially.
- Knowledge of basic arrhythmia and 12-Lead interpretation.
- Certification in PHTLS or BTLS preferred.
- Hospital-based ambulance service experience preferred.
- Must maintain driving record acceptable to hospitals insurance carrier.
Questions? Please contact Human Resources at 515-832-7711.
Apply online at www.vandiestmc.org under "Careers" link at bottom of page.