- Date Posted
- November 10, 2020
- Full Time
- Human Resources
- More Information
Provides advanced emergency care in out-of-hospital setting, including the evaluation, treatment, and transport of injured and/or ill adult, pediatric and newborn patients in accordance with standard operating procedures. In hospital setting, assists Registered Nurse, Paramedic and Advanced Provider in providing care to adult and pediatric patients. Under direction of Registered Nurse and/or Provider, assists with tasks and procedures not specifically denied by Nursing policy or State of Iowa EMS Advanced Care Law/Administrative Rules, applicable to paramedic.
Starting base wage is $17.32 per hour plus applicable experience.
Paid Time Off
Term & Voluntary Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Call pay, Shift Differentials, and Day-off Premium
- Completion of an approved paramedic program. Certified to practice as a paramedic in the State of Iowa.
- Possession of current State of Iowa driver’s license with Class D endorsement.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Must be ACLS certified.
- ACLS recertification biennially.
- BLS recertification biennially.
- PALS recertification biennially.
- Knowledge of basic arrhythmia and 12-Lead interpretation.
- Certification in PHTLS or BTLS preferred.
- Hospital-based ambulance service experience preferred.
- Must maintain driving record acceptable to hospitals insurance carrier.
Questions? Please contact Human Resources at 515-832-7711.
Apply online at www.vandiestmc.org under "Careers" link at bottom of page.