- Date Posted
- December 20, 2019
- Full Time
- Human Resources
Sign on BONUS: Full-time Paramedic will receive a $3,000 sign on bonus.
Provide emergency care to the people of Hamilton County. Transport critically ill patients that need a higher level of care.
Day/night rotating 12 hour shifts with on-call
Responds to 911 calls
Provides ALS support to BLS services
Provides advance emergency care in pre-hospital setting, including evaluation, treatment, and transport of injured and/or ill adult, pediatric, and newborn patients
In hospital setting, assists Registered Nurse in providing care to adult and pediatric patients
Provide responsible ambulance operation
Complete appropriate documentation associated for continuity of patient care, reimbursement, and record keeping
Demonstrate effective communication in person or over radio and telephone communication
Assist in overall hospital security
Paid Time Off
Voluntary Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Call pay, Shift Differentials, and Day-off Premium
Possible Relocation Assistance
- Completion of an approved paramedic program. Certified to practice as a paramedic in the State of Iowa.
- Possession of current State of Iowa drivers and chauffeurs licenses.
- Must maintain driving record acceptable to hospitals insurance carrier.
- Must be ACLS certified.
- ACLS recertification biennially.
- BLS recertification biennially.
- PALS recertification biennially.
- Knowledge of basic arrhythmia and 12-Lead interpretation.
- Certification in PHTLS or BTLS preferred.
- Hospital-based ambulance service experience preferred.
Apply on line at www.vandiestmc.org
Questions? Please contact Human Resources at 515-832-7711.