- Date Posted
- May 22, 2023
- Full Time
- Nursing Administration
Van Diest Medical Center
2350 Hospital Drive
Webster City, IA 50595, US
- More Information
The Medical Staff Coordinator serves as a liaison and resource between management and medical staff to coordinate the operational processes and ongoing credentialing, privileging, and medical staff governance functions of the hospital. Responsible for review, analysis and follow up of credentialing and privileging applications, maintaining strict confidentiality and ensuring compliance with organizational policies and accrediting and regulatory agencies. Requires excellent time management and organization skills in order to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Wage commensurate with experience.
Some flexibility with days and hours, full-time 36 hours per week or 72 hours per 2 week pay period. Possible options for hours: 9 - 8 hour days or 8 - 9 hour days.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; AA degree preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in medical staff affairs/credentialing, credentials verification organization, or related field preferred.
- Certification or eligibility for certification as a Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Experience in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook required.
- Excellent people, communication, organizational skills and confidentiality required.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements as outlined in the Job Requirements document.
Apply online at www.vandiestmc.org under "Careers" link.
Questions? Please contact Human Resources at (515) 832-7711