- Date Posted
- September 2, 2022
- Full Time
- Human Resources
Van Diest Medical Center
2350 Hospital Dr
Webster City, IA 50595, US
- More Information
DEFINITION OF POSITION:
The Inventory Control Specialist will:
- Perform purchase order management for existing products per hospital policy.
- Seek GPO contract supplies and correct pricing levels.
- Manage backorder supplies by communicating department’s delays and seek alternative options.
- Maintain integrity of vendor information in computer system.
- Handle vendor invoice matching process for on-time vendor payment.
- Enter designated cycle counts and make necessary inventory count adjustments
- Replenish supplies in all hospital areas
- Receipt and restocking of supplies for all locations of Central Supply in a timely manner.
- Monitor and expire supplies at expiration date.
- Ship outgoing packages for areas of hospital by preferred carrier/service.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail functions.
- Perform cycle counts for all locations of Central Supply.
- Handle printing, laminating and copying requirements for areas of hospital.
- Assist with Courier Service to offsite clinics
- Support department manager position during peak business activity.
- Maintain, organize and carry continued cleanliness of all locations of Central Supply.
Reports to: Materials Manager
Interrelations: Direct contact and communication with purchasing employees, department directors and all hospital staff. Also, daily interaction with suppliers and delivery drivers.
Excellent benefits including IPERS (Iowa Public Employees' Retirement System).
- Ability to read, speak and understand English
- A.A. (2-year) Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Knowledge of medical supplies helpful
- Knowledge of data processing/systems, and computers
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment
- Must have valid Driver’s License in State of Iowa
Please apply online at www.vandiestmc.org/employment.
Contact the Van Diest Medical Center Human Resources office at 515-832-7711 with any questions.