- Date Posted
- November 10, 2020
- Full Time
- Human Resources
- More Information
Provides emergency care in out-of-hospital setting, including the evaluation, treatment, and transport of injured and/or ill adult, pediatric and newborn patients in accordance with standard operating procedures. In hospital setting, assists Registered Nurse in providing care to adult and pediatric patients. Under direction of Registered Nurse, Paramedic, and/or Advanced Provider, assists with tasks and procedures not specifically denied by Nursing policy or State of Iowa EMS Advanced Care Law/Administrative Rules, applicable to EMT.
Starting base wage is $14.14 per hour plus applicable experience.
Paid Time Off
Term & Voluntary Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Call pay, Shift Differentials, and Day-off Premium
- Completion of an approved EMT program. Certified to practice as EMT in the State of Iowa.
- Possession of current State of Iowa driver’s license with Class D endorsement.
- Acceptable driving record.
- BLS recertification biennially.
- Certification in PHTLS or BTLS preferred.
- Hospital-based ambulance service experience preferred.
- Must maintain driving record acceptable to hospitals insurance carrier.
Questions? Please contact Human Resources at 515-832-7711.
Apply online at www.vandiestmc.org under "Careers" link at bottom of page.