- Date Posted
- October 5, 2021
- Full Time
Van Diest Medical Center
2350 Hospital Drive
Webster City, IA 50595, US
- More Information
The Business Analyst is responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the operational and financial effectiveness and excellence of the hospital operations. The Business Analyst will track and analyze hospital operational trends and help make recommendations that will positively impact the hospital. The Business Analysts works closely with the Controller, CFO, Accounting Clerk, and Business Office Manager. The Business Analyst will also be working with Department Directors, Supervisors and Administration.
Wage commensurate with experience.
Reports to: Controller
- Collects and analyzes operational and financial data to develop narrative and statistical reports containing advice / recommendations to department managers regarding the various types of hospital services.
- Manages revenue routing and balancing of files that transition from the electronic health record system.
- Assists in posting prepaid maintenance and balancing of prepaids.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures as needed.
- Provides assistance with reimbursement and compliance issues relating to the cost report and billing.
- Prepares miscellaneous reports as requested by Management, using report writing software.
- Prepares various yearly audit reports and answers auditor’s questions
- Assists in month end close with various reports, journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assists controller with analyzed data for preparation of the budget.
- Serves as a resource for management regarding receipts posting and handles inquiries from auditors for copies of receipts.
- Distributes copies of receipts/checks as needed and maintains a filing system of all receipts
- Organize from various internal sources, meaningful use support and make associated attestation submittal to CMS after approval from meaningful use team
- At least two years’ experience in Hospital Finance preferred.
- Associate’s degree in business, finance, or accounting required.
- BA degree in business, finance or accounting preferred.
- Experience in the use of MS Excel required.
- Knowledge of report writing software preferred.
Apply online at www.vandiestmc.org under "Careers" link at bottom of page.
Questions? Please contact Human Resources at (515) 832-7711.