- Date Posted
- February 13, 2020
- Full Time
- More Information
The Business Analyst is responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the operational and financial effectiveness and excellence of the hospital operations. The Business Analyst will track and analyze hospital operational trends and help make recommendations that will positively impact the hospital. Another major role for the analyst will be the tracking, posting, and acquisitions of fixed assets. The Business Analysts works closely with the Controller, CFO, Accounting Clerk, and Business Office Manager. The Business Analyst will also be working with Department Directors, Supervisors and Administration.
Reports to: Controller
- Collects and analyzes operational and financial data to develop narrative and statistical reports containing advice / recommendations to department managers regarding the various types of hospital services.
- Manages revenue routing and balancing of files that transition from the electronic health record system.
- Assists in posting prepaid maintenance and balancing of prepaids.
- Prepares Excel spreadsheets, graphs, and charts to help illustrate key financial trends.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures as needed.
- Provides assistance with reimbursement and compliance issues relating to the cost report and billing.
- Prepares miscellaneous reports as requested by Management, using report writing software.
- Prepares various yearly audit reports and answers auditor’s questions
- Assists in month end close with various reports, journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assists controller with analyzed data for preparation of the budget.
- Posts cash receipts and adjustment to patient accounts or General Ledger Accounts
- Serves as a resource for management regarding receipts posting and handles inquires from auditors for copies of receipts.
- Distributes copies of receipts/checks as needed and maintains a filing system of all receipts
- Organize from various internal sources, meaningful use support and make associated attestation submittal to CMS after approval from meaningful use team
- At least two years’ experience in Hospital Finance preferred.
- BA degree in business, finance or accounting preferred.
- Experience in the use of MS Excel required.
- Knowledge of report writing software preferred.
Apply on line at: www.vandiestmc.org
For questions, please call Human Resources 515-832-7711.